Bonus videos can be offered on the landing pages of main videos, playlists, series, and live event assets. Bonus materials are pre-recorded videos such as Q&As, panel discussions, blooper reels, making-of docs or even recordings of live streams that happened earlier.
1. How To Upload Bonus Content
Navigate to the primary asset that the bonus content is intended. For a main video asset choose the sub-menu Video Assets, while for all other asset types (playlsts, series, live events) choose the Additional Assets sub-menu. Scroll down to the Bonus Content section and click the "New Bonus Content" button. Complete the modal window by adding in the bonus content's title as it should appear online, and click the "Create" button. When created, it will show on the screen with its upload status as "Pending Upload" and its playback status as "Not Playable".
From here, click on the bonus content listing to:
- Upload the bonus content video. The video can either be uploaded directly if it is on hand, or the Request Link can be copied and sent to a content provider to upload the bonus video remotely. The source file specs for bonus content are the same as for primary video. See: Source File Requirements
- Artwork! Don't forget to also upload an image to represent the bonus material so that it is visible on the landing page. The image should be 1920 x 1080 pixels, .jpg or .png, and not larger then 500kb in file size.
2. Managing Playback Status
When initially uploaded, the bonus video's playback status will be "Not Playable". Set the playback status from the right-hand sidebar. The playback status of the bonus video is independent of the main video's playback status. It can be made playable immediately, it can be scheduled to be playable at a later date, or left as not playable for now. For more information on Playback Status please see: Page Visibility & Video Playback Status
3. Viewing Analytics
To view the session analytics for bonus content videos, go to REPORTS and run the "Video Sessions"report, from the drop down options, selecting the title of the bonus content video from the second drop down selector.
4. Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Bonus Content publish/unpublish along with its parent content?
No - publishing controls for bonus content are independent of its parent content.
- Why can't patrons see that there is Bonus Content?
The most common reason is that artwork has not been uploaded for the bonus content, so although it is actually on the landing page patrons don't see it unless they happen to mouse over the spot on the page where it is located. Also please note bonus content will not appear on the landing page until its video has been uploaded, even if you have the artwork already in place.
- Is there a limit to the number of bonus content videos that can be uploaded to an asset?
No. Due to the limited screen real estate of TVapps only 4 bonus content videos appear on screen, however more can be found by scrolling to the right.
If you need assistance or have additional questions please contact us!